dimecres, 19 de juliol de 2017

M7 Priest (Build/Interior Paint)

Ready for paint! I didn't expect it'd take me that much to build and paint the interior. Anyway, I'm ready for some more XF-62 now :)
Listo para pintura! Realmente no pensaba que montar y pintar el interior no me costaría tanto, de todas formas ya estoy listo para algo más de XF-62!


First of all, let's talk a bit about this project. I used the ref.6637 M7 Mid Production from Dragon Models. I have to say that is one of the best kits I've ever built. Really nice detail, clever engineering and a quite correct representation of a mid M7.  I also added a Voyager PE set (PE35375), an ammunition set from AFV Club (AF35184), a stowage set from Legend (LF1156) and the T-51 plastic tracks from Panda Plastic (which are just awesome). I aimed to represent a mid M7 with some minor addons, like the side canisters and the rear supports for the fuel bins.

Primero que todo hablemos un poco sobre el proyecto. Utilicé la ref.6637 de Dragon Models, y debo decir que es una de las mejores maquetas que he montado. Buen detalle, buen despiece y una más que correcta representación de un M7 medio. Además del kit, añadí un set de fotograbados de Voyager (PE35375), un set de munición de AFV Club (AF35184), unos pertrechos en resina de Legend (LF1156) y unas cadenas de plástico T-51 de Panda Plastic (que son una pasada). La intención es la de representar un M7 medio con algún añadido como los cajones laterales que se aprecian en la foto o los soportes para bidones traseros. 


I used some XF62 and XF59 to paint the interior. The weathering is mostly done by using oils and some enamel for he dirt. I built and paint the gun first out of the chassis and then glued all together. I also modified a little bit a Miniart reference for the driver. When everything was painted, I closed the superstructure and continue with the external build.

El interior está pintado con una mezcla de XF62 y XF59 de Tamiya y se han utilizado principalmente oleos para el envejecido. El cañón se monta y pinta a parte y finalmente se pega antes de cerrar toda la barcaza.
También se modifica ligeramente una figura de miniart que no servirá de conductor. Se cierra todo el chasis y se prosigue con el montaje exterior.